COMMERCIAL AUTO INSURANCE
Just like your personal automobile policy, commercial auto insurance covers liability, comprehensive, collision and medical payments, should an accident occur with your commercial vehicle.
First and foremost, you need to understand, your personal auto policy will not cover damages while the vehicle is being used for business purposes.
Commercial auto insurance is written to cover your business car, truck, van or a fleet of vehicles. Your policy will cover injuries or property damage that you or your employees may cause to other people and their property. It is most important that you list all of your employees, who may operate your vehicles.
Understanding Commercial Auto Policy Coverages:
- Liability Insurance – Covers bodily injury to others and any property damage to another vehicle if you are at fault in an accident. Bodily injury pays others’ medical costs and lost wages, and your legal expenses if a lawsuit is brought against you due to an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage – Pays for your injuries or property damage if you’re hit by an uninsured driver or, in some states, an unidentified driver.
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage – Protects you if the at-fault driver doesn’t carry adequate liability insurance to cover your bills.
- Collision Insurance – Pays for damage to your vehicle if you hit another vehicle, another vehicle hits you or your vehicle rolls over, regardless of who is at fault. Collision coverage may be required if your vehicle is financed or leased.
- Comprehensive Insurance – Pays for damage to your vehicle from causes other than an accident. Such causes may include theft, flood, vandalism, earthquakes, fire or damage from a bird or animal.
The limit/amount of liability coverage is most important, that is, since 98% of all liability claims are filed for $1,000,000, it is short sided to purchase coverage for a lesser amount. Contact A.C. Marmo and Sons, Inc. for more information, we would be happy to take questions as well as provide you with a free premium quotation.
Call 973-340-9100 or