Your home-most likely is the largest investment you will ever make in your lifetime. So, let’s understand the three values that apply to every home and which one applies to your homeowner policy:

Market Value – is based on supply and demand. It is the amount a buyer is willing to pay for your home, based on the condition of the home and the supply of homes in your area, regardless of what it would cost to rebuild it. Homeowner’s insurance does not take the market value into consideration at the time of loss.

Assessed Valuation – this value is set by the municipality to fund their budget and homeowner’s insurance does not take that value into consideration at the time of loss.

Replacement Cost – is the cost of labor and material to rebuild your home at time of loss. This is what your homeowner’s policy will cover at the time of loss.

Now that you know that your homeowner policy will pay the replacement cost to rebuild your home – the question becomes – how to determine the cost to rebuild your home? This is not an exact science, but this is what our agency will do to help you arrive with the approximate replacement value of your home:

  • Take outside pictures of your home
  • Do a measurement of the outside
  • Review the type of construction
  • Discuss with you all the rooms in the house together with all of the upgrades and any unique features
  • Do a Marshall and Swift appraisal of your home
  • Since the principal of our agency is a Realtor and has built six homes- he is extremely qualified to assist you in determining the replacement value of your home.

Homeowner insurance is not something you should cut corners on to save a few dollars-should a loss occur, you will be best served if you did your due diligence with a qualified insurance agency.

Combine your home and auto insurance in one policy to save 20% 



Condominium unit owner insurance covers all your personal property (contents) and other items that pertain exclusively to your unit. You need to determine from the condo association the extent of their coverage for your unit. Their policy can be written on three different forms, that is:

1.  A policy that insures only the building and common areas;

2. A policy that insures the building and any items in your unit, other than personal property;

3.  A policy that insures the building, your unit and any fixtures or improvements that you made to your unit.

Once you determine which of the above three policies your association provides, contact our office and we will assist you in constructing the proper coverage for your specific needs.



First and foremost, understand that the landlord’s insurance does not afford any coverage for your contents or liability.

A renter’s policy, a/k/a a tenant’s homeowner policy, affords the below coverage:

  • Loss of personal property (contents), furniture, clothing, computers, electronics and bikes, etc.
  • Losses caused by weather, fire, storms, wind, hail, lightening, freezing of a pipe, weight of ice, snow or sleet.
  • Losses not weather related-theft: vandalism and riots.
  • Personal liability
  • Medical payments

Call to determine the proper amount of insurance coverage to satisfy your needs. 973-340-9100 or